The Round Forest
Recreation / Natural attractions
Situated in the northwestern part of the city, The Round Forest is a recreative and leisure area. The Round Forest, an oak forest, was planted in the 18th century, for the benefit of the city, to prevent droughts.
The old name, which appears in the Josefine Topographic Register (1769-1773) is Ziegenwald (the Goat’s Forest).