”Lucian Blaga” Highschool
The foundation of the "Lucian Blaga" school from Reghin was laid in 1918 as a Romano-Catholic gymnasium and then as the Industrial High School no. 2.
The institution developed rapidly: in 1948 there were 361 pupils and 16 teachers. In 1950 there were 17 classes with 780 pupils and 32 teachers.
In the school-year 1956-1957 the school had only general culture classes and therefore it became Secondary School No.2.
Until 1958-1959 the school functioned only in Hungarian language. Starting from this year it was merged the school with Hungarian teaching language with that with Romanian teaching language.
Between 1948-1976 the number of graduated students was 3063, and the total number of classes was 47.
A special achievement of the school is the Museum of Natural Sciences with many stuffed animals from all over the world, opened in 1951.
Starting from 1980 the new building of the school functioned on 27 Vanatorilor street as Industrial High School no. 2 until 1990 when it changed it's name into Theoretical High School. It kept this name until 1995.
The nowadays profiles were introduced by the new school plan in 1990: Maths-Physics, Philology, Modern Languages, Informatics. There are 4 classes in Romanian and 2 in Hungarian teaching language on every level. In the morning courses there are 22-24 classes, in the evening course were 19 classes going into liquidation until 2004.
Concerning the vocational school, there were 9 classes in 1990-1991; 13 in 1991-1992; 12 classes in 1992-1993; 10 classes in 1993-1994; 8 classes in 1994-1995, all dealing with woodworking.
The school takes the name of our national poet Lucian Blaga in 1997. This moment was marked by a celebration prepared by pupils and teachers.